I got this lavender lemonade recipe from Lauren Conrad's Website and I must say it's a keeper! This drink is refreshing and tasty perfect for a summer day!
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup fresh lemon juice
4 cups cold water
3 Tbsp. dried lavender (for culinary use)
ice cube tray
1. First, boil enough water to fill an ice cube tray. Boiling the water makes your ice cubes turn out clear, so that you will be able to see what’s inside of them. This is one of my favorite kitchen tricks.
2. Let water cool, then fill tray half way. Freeze. Once frozen, place sprigs of dried lavender in each cube and fill to the top with water (using mint leaves works well, too). Freeze until all cubes are completely frozen.
3. In a medium pot, combine 2 ½ cups of water with sugar and dried lavender. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Cover, and let stand one hour.
4. Strain out the lavender by pouring your mixture through a strainer into a large jug. Add lemon juice and additional water. Stir your mixture.
5. Refrigerate until cold, and serve with lavender ice cubes.